Capital Chat 4/6/21
Tuesday, April 6th, 2021 - 11 minutes
Marie Drake Planetarium Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY2ihzHnAIqzqllDiR8rG5Q
Help Heal the Earth -- Earth Day video submission page: https://www.mariedrakeplanetarium.org/earth-day-videos
Submit Videos on how people in Juneau are Healing Planet Earth
With Earth Day coming up in April, it’s a great time thinking about ways to heal planet Earth. After all, there is no Planet B.
We invite you to share how you and others in Juneau are making our Earth healthier. We all need to do our part to make our human impact more sustainable and to combat climate change and other human-caused environmental problems.
Please submit a video about what you are doing to make Earth healthier. Remember " Brevity is the Soul of Wit" (phrase by Shakespeare)
We will put videos and put them on our YouTube channel and show the best ones at the planetarium.
Please keep your video under 4 minutes. Don’t forget to introduce yourself and keep it brief and on topic. We may edit your video. If you have links that go with the video, we will put them in the description so viewers can learn more.
Your video can be in any style you want. Click here for some ideas.
- Record something you are doing such as using an electric car, growing your own food, installing a heat pump or using public transportation.
- Convert a PowerPoint presentation (with images, text, and video) into a video.
- Give an example of how you reduce, reuse, restore and recycle resources e.g. composting, buying second-hand items, and fixing broken appliances.
- Share how a business or organization is reducing their carbon footprint e.g. people by using local materials, recycling using energy-efficient appliances.
- Address how our you are making our voice heard to politicians and others people of influence of the necessity to combat climate change.
·Email Cristina at email@example.com if you have any questions
Light Rain and 42 F at Juneau, Juneau International Airport, AK
Winds are Calm. The pressure is 1029.3 mb and the humidity is 85%. Last Updated on Apr 14 2021, 5:53 pm AKDT.