Juneau, Alaska (KINY) - On March 2, 2023, a Juneau Grand Jury indicted 39-year-old Rebecca Jo Burke on twenty criminal charges related to multiple fraud and theft cases.
On 10/05/2022, the Juneau Police Department began investigating a complaint, regarding a fraudulent housing rental advertisement in Juneau. The complainant told police that she found a residence for rent online, which was located in the 3400 block of Glacier Highway. She spoke with person renting the property and looked at photos of the residence, but never physically went to the residence prior to signing the lease agreement. The complainant met with 39-year-old Juneau resident Rebecca Jo Burke, who was advertising the property for rent. The complainant signed the lease agreement for the property and gave Burke a $850 security deposit. The complainant later learned that the photos and address provided by Burke, of the property, were fraudulent. The address listed on the lease agreement did not match the photos for the actual property, which Burke had no authorization to rent.
On 11/10/2022, at about 5:30 p.m., Burke was located by police and placed under arrest for forgery in the 2nd degree, a class C felony, and theft in the 2nd degree, a class C felony. Burke was taken to the Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
On 03/02/2023, a Juneau Grand Jury indicted 39-year-old Rebecca Jo Burke on twenty criminal charges related to multiple fraud and theft cases.
- One count of Issuing a bad check, a class B felony
- One count of Theft in the 1st degree, a class B felony
- Four counts of Issuing a bad check, a class C felony
- Nine counts of Theft in the 2nd degree, a class C felony
- Three counts of Forgery 2nd degree, a class C felony
- One count of Access Device/ID Fraud, a class C felony
- One count of Theft 3rd degree, a class A misdemeanor
Add a comment