Juneau, Alaska (KINY) - Juneau is moving to a Level 2 Moderate COVID-19 risk level.
A release from the City and Borough of Juneau Emergency Operations Center said the decision is based on heightened case activity that raised the seven- and 14-day case rates to the "Very High" category. Cases resulting from community spread are occurring at an increasing rate, according to the EOC.
There are 80 active cases in Juneau as of Thursday--72 of which are residents.
Starting at noon on Friday:
- Gatherings indoors are limited to 50 people and masks are required. This is unless a plan is approved by the EOC or all people at the gathering are vaccinated.
- Indoor capacity at bars is reduced to 50%.
- Restaurants are strongly encouraged to reduce capacity indoors to ensure physical distancing.
- Personal services now must require appointments and cannot have waiting areas.
- Gyms' capacities are reduced to 50%.
The current masking policy is still in place. Masks are required for unvaccinated people in indoor public spaces and at crowded outdoor events. Masks are encouraged in those same places for fully-vaccinated individuals.
Masks are required for all people in City and Borough of Juneau facilities such as the pools and libraries--regardless of vaccination status.